Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Crockpot tomatillo chicken


Crockpot Tomatillo Chicken



You know a recipe is good when… Your husband ask’s for thirdsYour children eat all their food.. by them selves.The left overs are gone the next dayand it’s a hand-me-down. And a hand-me-down of a hand-me-down.  All of that happened to be this lovely slow cooker recipe.  

Combine everything in the crockpot except sour cream. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours. When done shred chicken and add sour cream.  This is a hard recipe to mess up. Feel free to add more or less of your favorite flavors. I tend to be heavy on the lemon and cumin because I just can’t get enough of them! Never walk up to me and say lemon… you might get drooled on
:)


Serve the chicken and sauce in tortillas.




Or in a creamy quesidilla




Or some creamy chicken Nachos


Or a
Chicken Taco
Or.. all three
Crockpot Tomatillo Chicken
Rating: 4
Ingredients
  • 3 chicken breasts 
  • 1/2 medium onion chopped
  • 1 garlic clove minced 
  • 1/2 tsp ground cumin 
  • 1/2 tsp oregano
  • 1/2 tsp salt 
  • 1/2 tsp pepper
  • T lemon juice
  • 1/2+ C tomatillo salsa (salsa verde)
  • 1/2 C sour cream
Instructions
  1. 1. Combine everything except sour cream in crockpot. 
  2. 2. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours. 
  3. 3. When done shred chicken and add sour cream. 
  4. Serve warm in burritos with grilled corn and rice, in taquitos, or quesadillas. I love it over a salad. This is a hard recipe to mess up. Feel free to add more or less of your favorite flavors. I tend to be heavy on the lemon and cumin because I just can't get enough of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment